Mobility Management is a Program of the Southern Area Agency on Aging.
Mobility Management is a strategic approach to managing transportation resources.
- Moving people instead of moving vehicles
- Making visible improvements to the quality of travel
- Designing and promoting transportation oriented programs
- Improving the availability of transportation service information
Mobility Management is a process of managing a coordinated community-wide transportation service network comprised of the operations and infrastructures of multiple trip providers in partnership with each other. Key elements include:
- A focus on individual needs, not moving the masses
- A focus on innovation, changing usual business practices
- Cultivating partnerships and multi-agency activities
- Applying advanced technologies
- Ensuring transit-friendly designs in long-range plans
- Receiving business, community, and local government support
Mobility Management currently has 3 programs: